Why is it getting so much attention lately?
Data have emerged showing that testosterone levels in the general population are declining. Not declining by age but rather the testosterone levels of a 45 year old guy today are substantially less than those of a 45 year old guy in 1990. When you combine that with the fact that we’re living a lot longer, and need to be “in the mix” for a few more decades – sub-optimal testosterone levels are becoming even more important to address.
Why Treat Low Testosterone??
(HINT: Here’s the risk if you don’t):
- Poor erectile function
- Decreased sexual performance
- Loss of muscle and loss of strength
- Increase in body fat
- Increased risk for heart disease
- Increased risk for type 2 diabetes
- Increased risk for depression and anxiety